Health risks of these fruits and vegetablesREAD MORE
1. Mouth ulcers,
2. Gastric problems,
3. Diarrhoea and skin rashes
5. Heart disease,ODINGA EXIT
7. Arthritis and perhaps allergies
8. Miscarriages and developmental abnormalities if the child is born
According to a report originally published in the Star , samples taken from 3 leading supermarkets and groceries in Nairobi and Mombasa tested positive for calcium carbide. Wholesale traders in big fruit markets in Nairobi’s Gikomba and Marikiti and Kongowea in Mombasa are also using the chemical.
How to detect fruits and veggies ripened under the harmful process
1. After you have bought the fruits, place one of them in a bucket of water, if it does sink, the fruit is okay. But if it floats then it is health hazard. It means it was harvested before maturity.
2. Another quick method is to look for uniform in terms of ripening. Those ripened by chemicals contain green patches showing areas which were not reached out with the dangerous gas.2018 PAP
3. Eating the fruit itself can also reveal the kind of ripening method used. Calcium carbide fruits taste bitter or not natural despite the fact that they look ripened.POWERFUL FIREWORKS 20187